Trentham’s police complex is thought to have had only a single cell until 1879, when a rod-and-slab portable double cell arrived from Kyneton.
With thanks to Trentham & District Historical Society. The little weatherboard cottage at 3 Camp St served as Trentham’s police station from 1866 to 1984. That it remains on the site is largely due to Sgt Jack Burke, who was in charge at Trentham from 1961 to 1988. During the 1980s, he resisted pressure to […]