The distinctive 1970s clock in High St, Trentham, holds special significance for the town: it commemorates the life and career of Dr Gweneth Wisewould.
Located on a prominent corner, the former Junction Hotel is one of Malmsbury’s most significant landmarks.
Situated opposite Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre, it was one of the first hotels reached by travellers coming from Kyneton.
The Trentham district has had 21 schools since the first was built in the 1850s. Only two are still operating.
The site on which the Malmsbury Mechanics’ Institute hall now stands was once occupied by a Caroline Chisholm shelter shed.
Trentham first appears in government records in 1857 when Assistant Surveyor John Wrigglesworth surveyed a new parish to the south of Tylden.